The Gowanbank Hub helps people resolve their problems.
As advice providers, The Gowanbank Hub is equipped to deal with problems, from debt and benefits to housing issues, plus everything in between.
In the last seven months alone, the Gowanbank Hub has helped over 2269 people solve their problems.
But we are not just here for times of crisis – we also use clients’ stories anonymously to campaign for policy changes that can benefit millions, often without them even realizing.
At the Gowanbank Hub, We do not tell people what to do; We explain their options and the possible outcomes of different courses of action. Our Service users are encouraged to make their own decisions and act on their behalf. We enable them to manage their problems by focusing on their needs as individuals.
At the Gowanbank Hub, we can:
• interview people face-to-face and by phone to find out what the problems are
• access our regularly updated electronic information database • help people to negotiate with companies or service providers such as creditors or to appeal against decisions, for example, welfare benefit claims
• write letters or phone companies and service providers on behalf of clients
• help people to prioritize their problems, for example, to sort out which debts are most important
• help people with form filling
• represent people in court and at tribunals
• refer people to specialist caseworkers for complex problems or to other agencies when appropriate.